God has a purpose for your pain
A reason for your struggle
And a reward for your faithfulness
Trust him and don’t give up
There are times when we feel that life is being unnecessarily unfair.
There are times when we feel like things are going downhill.
There are times when the only option we are left with is ‘giving up’.
I’ve experienced all of this before especially in my final year of secondary school (high school). It was quite difficult and depressing really. It felt like nothing was going well; it was like I was taking one step forward and four steps back.
I was a different person from the usual all smiles and laughter and it honestly wasn’t comfortable but everyone around me kept saying “Don’t give up, stop being negative!” And honestly it took me a while before I did.
Those reading this may think:
“It’s not as easy as it seems”
“I’ve tried everything possible”
“Your situation was probably not half as bad as mine”
And yes, maybe you’re right but ask yourself, “Do you remember that guy that gave up?” No. No one does.
There are many success stories out there on the internet but how many times do you hear people talk positively about a person who gave up on something?
‘CAN’T‘ is a negativity that a lot of people have.
Here are a few steps that I have put together to help you Clear your mind of CAN’T:
- Accept yourself: Most people feel that they are not good enough because they compare their abilities to the next person’s. Why not accept the gifts you’re given or embrace your strengths and weaknesses rather than beating yourself up about ‘being you’.
- Be Thankful: Showing gratitude and being thankful for the good things that happen to you rather than wallowing in self pity helps you focus on the positive aspects of your life.
- Compliment yourself: Learn to say good and motivating things about yourself everyday. Walk up to your mirror and compliment yourself for a change. When you feel good about yourself no one can make you feel bad. Nothing is as powerful as a made up mind.
- Define for yourself: Define what happiness and success mean to you. Don’t get hung up on what other people think it means. It is also important that you do not rely on how other people define you because in reality it is not as important as how you define yourself. I know people say that other people see you better than you see yourself but no one should change how you feel about yourself.
- Encompass yourself with positivity: Surround yourself with people that bring out the best in you and hold you up rather than those that bring you down. The people you stay with will affect your view about everything so it is only sensible to be positive and surround yourself with positivity.
- Forget about Regret: Many many horrible things may have happened in the past but you can’t move forward if you keep stepping back. Forget about those bad occurrences and focus on the future that you can still change rather than the past that you have no power over.
- Get rid of negative thoughts: When bad things happen to you rather than look at the negative side, look at the positive. Let’s say for example you fail a test, rather than think “I’m a failure and a huge disappointment, I’m just not smart enough” why not get rid of that negative thought and think “I may have failed this time but I’m sure I’ll do better next time. Maybe I just need a little more practice”.
If you fail, never give up
Because F.A.I.L means
“First Attempt In Learning“
End is not the end,
In fact E.N.D means
“Effort Never Dies“
If you get No as an answer
Remember N.O means
-A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Keep Riding On!